The Windflap® X4 PROTECTION neck warmer provides fourfold protection: against viruses, cold, cuts and fire.
We are living in difficult times due to the COVID 19 pandemic, and professionals such as health workers are fighting against the virus on the front line. But we mustn’t forget that the security and emergency services are also exposed to the virus and other dangers related to violence such as terrorism.
Windflap® offers a customisation service for the mask area of the X4 PROTECTION neck warmer, providing a 100% guarantee for any type of customisation with unique logos, designs and colours thanks to its heat stamping technique, using only ecological heat stamping inks. And they can be manufactured quickly, starting with a minimum order of 25 items. If you would like a quote, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephoning 93 579 50 21.
When the cold bites, professionals in the security and armed forces and emergency services mostly have to work at the mercy of the elements. Protecting the neck from the cold is a priority. Colds, flu and bronchiolitis are some of the most common respiratory problems at this time of year, and they now involve a twofold risk due to COVID-19.
The Windflap® X4 PROTECTION neck warmer guarantees protection against the cold and low temperatures with a totally comfortable inner fabric against the neck.
Inevitably, because it is the nature of their work as public servants, professionals in the security and armed forces and emergency services constantly come into contact with all kinds of people. And unfortunately, some of those people may be COVID positive and infect those professionals with the virus.
According to the WHO (the World Health Organization), “the COVID 19 virus can spread from an infected person’s mouth or nose in small liquid particles when they cough, sneeze, speak, sing or breathe heavily. These liquid particles are different sizes, ranging from larger ‘respiratory droplets’ to the smaller ‘aerosols’.”
The Windflap® X4 PROTECTION neck warmer ensures protection against the virus by incorporating a mask area with a UNE 0065:2020 certified filter. This area is fully customisable using the heat stamping technique, and can incorporate the logos, colours or symbols of security forces, armed forces, private security companies, police services, firefighters, civil protection, ambulance medical personnel, etc…
And as recommended by the WHO (the World Health Organization), the mask area of the Windflap® X4 PROTECTION neck warmer has 3 real layers with three different roles:
- Outer layer. A water-repellent fabric weighing 220 g which repels liquids. Manufactured in 80% polyester and 20% Elastane and with ISO 1883 (composition), ISO 9237 (permeability) and ISO 4920 (spray) certificates. This outer layer can be customised using ecological inks using the heat stamping technique.
- Removable Middle Layer. A FLAPTECH 126 gr filter which acts as a water-resistant filter and a barrier to viruses and bacteria. Manufactured in 80% polyester and 20% polyamide. Washable and reusable. Certified by Aitex according to the UNE 0065:2020 standard (2020TM1000 test). Bacterial Filtration Efficiency (BFE%) 94.16+/-2.45. Breathability: Differential pressure (Pa/cm2) 19+/- 1. Replacement filters are also available on sale.
- Inner Layer. Antibacterial fabric weighing 80 g which is pleasant to the touch when in contact with the skin. Manufactured in 82% Polyamide and 18% Elastane and with ISO 1883 (composition), ISO 9237 (permeability) and ISO 4920 (spray) certificates.
All members of the security forces and the armed forces know that protecting the neck is one of the self-protection measures they have to take. Unfortunately, we are living in an age of terrorist alerts when members of the police force in particular can be attacked with knives, especially in the neck area.
The Windflap® X4 PROTECTION neck warmer offers protection against cutting that can withstand an initial attack on the neck area. Thanks to its 370 gr anti-cut fabric (with a 43% HT Polyethylene, 43% Polyamide and 14% Glass composition) its resistance levels against a cutting attack are as follows:
- Blade cut resistance (level A5, EN 388:2016 Point 6.2 certification)
- Resistance to cutting by sharp objects (level D,19.14N, UNE-EN 13997:2000 certification)
- Abrasion resistance (level 2, EN 388:2016 Point 6.1 certification)
- Perforation resistance (level 3, EN 388:2016 Point 6.5 certification)
There are many situations in which the security forces, the armed forces and the emergency services -especially firefighters – have to work in situations involving fire or radiant heat.
The Windflap® X4 PROTECTION neck warmer provides fireproof protection in the neck area thanks to its 175 gr fire resistant fabric (with a 55% Modacrylic and 45% Cotton composition) that provides protection against the following levels and situations:
- Limited flame spread (A1 level, EN ISO 11612:2015 certification)
- Heat transmission during exposure to a flame (level B1, EN ISO 11612:2015 certification)
- Radiant heat (level C1, EN ISO 11612:2015 certification)
- Heat resistance (EN ISO 11612:2015 certification)
- Bursting resistance (medium resistance 477.1 kPa, EN ISO 13938-1:1999 certification)
The Windflap® X4 PROTECTION neck warmer can be quickly placed on or removed from the head thanks to its self-adjusting tensioner system at the back. Despite its incorporated filter mask, it does not have any uncomfortable fastening in the ear area.
WASHABLE AND REUSABLE
The Windflap® X4 PROTECTION neck warmer is washable, which means it can be constantly reused for up to 50 wash cycles. Simply follow these washing tips so that it is ready and can be reused with all the safeguards for your health:
- The maximum washing temperature is 40º.
- Do not use bleach when washing.
- Do not iron or use any steam treatment.
- It can be dry cleaned using normal products.
- Do not tumble dry.
Avoid contact between the dirty neck warmer (to be washed) and other dirty clothing. The person doing the washing must protect themselves when handling the dirty neck warmer
The FLAPTECH filter must be washed separately from the mask. The life of this filter is 5 washing cycles at 60º. The filter should be replaced and washed after 24 hours of continuous use is recommended. The process involved in washing the filter is different to washing the mask:
- Maximum washing temperature: 60 ºC
- Do not use bleach
- Can be ironed at a low temperature
- Do not tumble dry
- Do not dry clean
Please note that this is a protective product, and under no circumstances can be used as PPE (personal protective equipment) or as a healthcare product.
Made in Spain. All the fabrics used are manufactured in the EEC (European Economic Community)